Trainer Wesley Ward has entered a pair of 2-year-olds who were debut winners at Keeneland in April – Hat Creek Racing’s Chili Petin and Merriebelle Stable and Ramon Tallaj’s Nayibeth– in Friday’s 6-furlong Albany (G2) at Royal Ascot in England.
The leading trainer during Keeneland’s 2019 Spring Meet, Ward has 10 wins at Royal Ascot.
Here are horses with Keeneland connections entered in Friday and Saturday races at Royal Ascot:
Albany (G2) at 9:30 a.m.:
- Hat Creek Racing’s Chili Petin (by City Zip), also trained by Ward, sold to Cromwell Bloodstock for $32,000 at the 2018 September Sale. Gainesway, agent, consigned the filly, who won her career debut in April at Keeneland by 2¾ lengths. John Velazquez will ride.
- Merriebelle Stables and Ramon Tallaj’s Nayibeth (by Carpe Diem), also trained by Ward, won her April debut at Keeneland by 4¼ lengths. Joel Rosario will be aboard.
King Edward VII (G2) at 10:05 a.m.:
- Godolphin purchased Humanitarian (by Noble Mission [GB]) for $200,000 at the 2017 September Sale. The colt was consigned by breeder W.S. Farish’s Lane’s End, agent.
Chesham at 9:30 a.m.:
- Ice Wine Stables’ Joker On Jack (by Declaration of War) is a juvenile trained by Ward who won his debut at Keeneland in April by 2½ lengths. Ward bred the colt, who ran at Newbury in England in May. Tyler Gaffalione will ride.
Jersey (G3) at 10:05 a.m.:
- King Power Racing’s Bye Bye Hong Kong (by Street Sense) was offered by Select Sales, agent, at the 2017 September Sale.
- Mrs. T. Marnane’s On a Session (by Noble Mission [GB]) sold to Amy Marnane for $50,000 at the 2017 September Sale. He was consigned by Paramount Sales, agent.
- Derrick Smith, Mrs. John Magnier and Michael Tabor’s So Perfect (by Scat Daddy) sold to Coolmore’s M.V. Magnier for $400,000 at the 2017 September Sale. She was consigned by Select Sales, agent for breeder Machmer Hall.
- Tabor, Smith and Magnier’s Western Frontier (by Scat Daddy) was offered by Dromoland Farm, agent, at the 2017 September Sale.
Diamond Jubilee (G1) at 11:20 a.m.:
- Bound for Nowhere (by The Factor), owned and trained by Ward, is set to make his third start at Royal Ascot. Fourth in the 2017 Commonwealth Cup (G1) and third in last year’s Diamond Jubilee, Bound for Nowhere sold to Cromwell Bloodstock for $310,000 at the 2015 September Sale. He was consigned by breeder Ashview Farm. Bound for Nowhere, second in Keeneland’s Shakertown (G2) in April, will be ridden by Gaffalione.
Wokingham at noon:
- Doreen Tabor’s Cenotaph (by War Front) sold to Norman Williamson for $125,000 at the 2013 September Sale. He was consigned by Hunter Valley Farm, agent.
- Smith, Michael Tabor and Magnier’s Gossamer Wings (by Scat Daddy) sold to Coolmore’s M.V. Magnier for $500,000 at the 2017 September Sale. She was consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.