Horses with Keeneland racing and sales connections are scheduled to compete Wednesday during the second of the five-day prestigious Royal Ascot meeting in England.
Fans may watch and wager on Royal Ascot through Keeneland Select, where users earn lucrative rewards and support Keeneland’s mission to invest in Thoroughbred racing. A portion of Keeneland Select’s profits is reinvested in the sport through increased purses, fan development, player development and more. Click here for more information.
Horses with Keeneland connections entered in Wednesday races at Royal Ascot include:
Queen Mary (G2) (2-year-old fillies, 5 furlongs) at 9:30 a.m. ET:
- Keeneland-based trainer Wesley Ward will send out Love Reigns (IRE) for Stonestreet Stables. On April 29 at Keeneland, the U S Navy Flag filly won her career debut by 9¾ lengths while racing 5 furlongs on turf. Irad Ortiz Jr. will be aboard.
- Dew Sweepers’ Grand Oak (IRE), trained by Keeneland-based Rusty Arnold, was second in her career debut April 21 on the dirt at Keeneland. On May 20 at Churchill Downs, the daughter of Speightstown scored a 4¼-length victory over 5½ furlongs on turf. Dew Sweepers purchased Grand Oak for $105,000 from Hunter Valley Farm, agent, at Keeneland’s 2021 September Yearling Sale. She will be ridden by Colin Keane.
Royal Hunt Cup (3-year-olds and up, 1 mile) at noon:
- Godolphin paid $1.3 million for Desert Peace at the 2018 September Sale from the consignment of Eaton Sales, agent. The 5-year-old gelding by Curlin was bred in Kentucky by Doug Branham and Felicia Branham. William Buick will ride for trainer Charlie Appleby.
- W.S. Farish bred Humanitarian, who was consigned by Lane’s End, agent, to the 2017 September Sale and sold to Godolphin for $200,000. Craft Thoroughbreds and Partners own the 6-year-old horse by Noble Mission (GB), who is trained by Stuart Williams. Daniel Muscutt will ride.
Windsor Castle (L) (2-year-olds, 5 furlongs) at 12:35 p.m.:
- Stonestreet and Ward’s Seismic Spirit (IRE) was second by a head in his May 19 career debut at Churchill, a 5-furlong race on turf. The Belardo colt will be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr.