To our customers:
I hope this email finds you and your family well. Just a few weeks ago, we wrapped up a September Yearling Sale that was certainly one for the history books. On behalf of the entire Keeneland team, we thank you for your participation in the sale from both near and far, and for your patience and resiliency as we navigate these 2020 waters. We are grateful to have been able to conduct a September Sale under these unprecedented conditions and continue the trade which is so critical for our industry.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the opening two weeks of racing during the Fall Meet at Keeneland. We’re grateful to have hosted a number of horsemen over the first half of the race meet and look forward to sharing more quality racing with you as we anticipate the Breeders’ Cup at Keeneland Nov. 6 and 7.
Looking ahead, we would like to share a few updates with you regarding plans and protocols for the November Breeding Stock Sale, which immediately follows the World Championships. Please read along for a number of updates on the sales front, and feel free to call me or any member of our sales team with any questions.
Shannon B. Arvin
November Sale Protocols
Keeneland’s COVID-19 protocols for the November Sale will remain consistent with the September Yearling Sale with a few adjustments as a result of the Breeders’ Cup. Please make note of these key items:
- Access to the Keeneland grounds will be limited to credentialed sales participants. Credentials may be requested through the Virtual Badge app as you did in September. Please re-apply for your credential for the November Sale from Oct. 28 onward, and note that credentials from the September Sale will not carry over to November.
- COVID-19 testing will again be required for all consignors, veterinarians, farriers, media, Keeneland employees and essential staff within 10 days of your first entry to the grounds. Keeneland will provide testing at various dates for your convenience. Buyers are not required to receive a COVID-19 test but will pass through a daily health screening at the gates. Testing dates are as follows:
- Oct. 28-29 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- November 2-3 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- On Breeders’ Cup event days (Nov. 6-7), a parking credential will be required to access the grounds in addition to your November Sale Virtual Badge credential. Keeneland will be in contact with buyers and sellers in the coming days to provide instructions on how to request these parking credentials.
Should you have any questions on this front, please reach out to email@example.com.
Photos and Videos for Online Catalog
To assist buyers around the world in digitally inspecting offerings, Keeneland will again provide the option for sellers to submit videos for each hip to the online catalog for the November Sale. In addition, sellers may also submit a photo of each hip to be included on the online catalog.
Please click here for details and instructions to submit photos and videos to the online catalog through our online web portal.
November Sale Hospitality
In an effort to provide exceptional service to our customers, Keeneland is taking a fresh look at the hospitality options available for the Keeneland November Sale. With a focus on health and safety, and expanded options over the course of the sale, we will be sharing details on hospitality and food options for the pavilion and barn areas in the coming weeks.
January Sale Entries
A reminder that the entry period for the 2021 January Horses of All Ages Sale, which takes place Monday, Jan. 11 through Thursday, Jan. 14, is now open. The entry deadline is Monday, Nov. 2 and you may enter now online by clicking here.