Keeneland’s unprecedented five-day Summer Meet opens Wednesday, July 8 and runs through Sunday, July 12. The Summer Meet, which accommodates a portion of the 16-day Spring Meet that Keeneland was forced to cancel due to the COVID-19 outbreak, will be held without fans.
Visit Keeneland at Home Presented by Central Bank for more information about the Summer Meet and learn about a variety of creative and fun ways for fans to remotely enjoy the season.
Here are other additional details about the meet:
- Entries for the nine-race card on opening day will be taken Sunday, July 5.
- First post each day is 1:05 p.m. ET.
- Complimentary race-day programs can be downloaded at Keeneland.com.
- All races are streamed live and at no charge on Keeneland.com, Facebook Live and YouTube.
- Race-day programming will begin at 11:30 a.m. with “Today at Keeneland,” a 30-minute preview show with handicapping picks and discussion of horses of interest. Racing analysts Gabby Gaudet and Scott Hazelton host the program, which airs live on TVG2, The CW Lexington and WKYT.com and is streamed live on Keeneland.com, KeenelandSelect.comand Facebook Live. Fans also will have the opportunity to tune in to a live Winner’s Circle Camera Presented by Coolmore.
- TVG will present live, on-site coverage of the Summer Meet beginning at 1 p.m. on race days.
- Fans may wager on the Summer Meet by signing up for an account with Keeneland Select, which is offering a special bonus for new sign-ups: wager $100 on the Summer Meet and receive $50 back. This is on top of Keeneland Select’s lucrative sign-up bonus, which will earn a player $100 after he or she wagers $300 within the first 30 days.
- Drive-thru wagering will be available at Red Mile on race days from 8 a.m. until the final Keeneland post.