Frequently Asked Questions – Spring 2023
For all race day and ticketing questions, spectators can email [email protected].
- What are the race day times?
Gates open each day at 11:00 a.m. First post is 1:00 p.m., with the exception of Sat. April 8th. Post time on the 8th is 12:30 p.m. The number of races varies each day. End times can range from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. View the post time schedule here.
- Where do I purchase tickets?
The only safe place to purchase tickets is from the official Keeneland ticket office at https://tickets.keeneland.com/racing-tickets/. Tickets bought outside of this website are being purchased through a third-party, unauthorized ticket reseller. When purchasing through these resale brokers, you may pay substantially more than face value and Keeneland cannot guarantee the validity of these tickets. Therefore, admittance to Keeneland is not guaranteed. Keeneland will not be able to assist with refunds or reprints.
- Can we pay cash at the gate?
Keeneland no longer accepts cash at the main gates. You are encouraged to purchase online ahead of time for easy entry and to ensure attendance on your preferred date as tickets do sell out. When available, tickets may be purchased at the Welcome Center windows. The Welcome Center is located just outside the Grandstand South Entrance, adjacent to row 7.
- Does Keeneland sell out?
Keeneland currently caps attendance to maintain an optimal number within the gates. We encourage all those attending to purchase in advance, as tickets, including general admission, tend to sell out. If tickets sell out on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, you can still visit Keeneland’s official tailgate lot, The Hill, complete with tellers and a jumbo screen to watch the races.
- Is General Admission included for all Grandstand and Dining tickets?
When purchasing Reserved Grandstand or Dining Room tickets, you do not need to buy an additional General Admission ticket. It is included in the ticket price.
- Does my child require a ticket?
• General Admission Tickets: All children 12 and under do not require a ticket.
• Grandstand Tickets: Any child requiring a seat will need to purchase a ticket. We recommend you purchase a seat for anyone 24 months or older.
• Dining Room Tickets: Any child 24 months or older, who will require a chair, will need a ticket.
- What do I do if I lost or misplaced tickets?
All spectators are welcome to email [email protected] if tickets are lost or misplaced. Tickets can be resent to the mobile phone or email on file, as well as reprinted and left at the Welcome Center.
- Can we get a refund on our tickets?
All tickets can be returned for a full refund if the Ticket Office is notified 48 hours prior to your arrival date. If you need to return your tickets, please email [email protected].
- When will I receive my tickets?
When choosing to have your tickets sent to your mobile phone or email there will be a delay on receiving your tickets. All tickets will be sent 2-weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Is there a dress code for Keeneland?
• General Admission: No dress code, casual
• Reserved Grandstand: No dress code, casual
• Equestrian Room: No dress code, casual
• Phoenix Room: Business Casual – Dress Slack, Dress Shoes, Button Down (comparable for ladies). Denim and athletic attire are not allowed.
• Lexington/Kentucky Room: Business Formal – Dress Coat, Tie, Dress Shoes, Button Down (comparable for ladies). Denim and athletic attire are not allowed.
• Clubhouse: Business Formal – Dress Coat, Tie, Dress Shoes, Button Down (comparable for ladies). Denim and athletic attire are not allowed.
- Does Keeneland provide ADA seating/assistance?
Keeneland provides wheelchair access for all spectators who may need assistance getting to their seats. Please check in with the Guest Services employees stationed outside the South Grandstand entrance.
• For those needing ADA assistance in the Reserved Grandstand there is an online form that can be filled out on the purchase page. Submissions will be answered by the Welcome Center staff within 24 hours.
• For those needing ADA assistance in the Dining Rooms there are several elevators located within the grounds that can take you to your floor.
- Are service animals allowed into Keeneland?
Only trained dogs who assist individuals with a disability, or are trained to perform a service, are allowed to enter the grounds. Emotional Support animals are not allowed access on the grounds. Keeneland follows the Federal ADA Laws regarding service animals. The health and safety of the horses is also a priority at Keeneland.
- What items can be brought into Keeneland?
• Folding Chairs are only permitted in general areas on the ground level; they are not permitted in the Clubhouse, Paddock area, or floors 2-4.
• Umbrellas (outdoors only)
• Outside Food/Drink
• Firearms and Weapons
• Large Bags/Backpacks
• Non-Service Animal pets
• Sports Equipment
• Large Camera Equipment, unless permitted by a media credential
- Can we tailgate at Keeneland?
Keeneland has three tailgate options for its spectators. Learn more here.
- Is parking free?
All public parking is free at Keeneland. Click here to view parking areas.
• Charter bus parking is adjacent to Barns 1 – 3, cost is $10 cash upon arrival. Busses need to enter through Gate 1.
• Taxi/Uber/Lyft Stations are located near Row 27. Ride shares are encouraged to enter through Gate 1.
• Handicap parking is available in the ADA paved lot with additional parking in Rows 21-22. Golf carts will be available to shuttle spectators to the Grandstand South entrance. Suggested entry is through Gate 1.
• Complimentary Shuttle Busses are available to patrons parking in The Meadow and Hill lots. Shuttles will pick up and drop off at the Grandstand South Entrance.
• All Permit parking is recommended to enter through Gate 2.
• Public Parking is recommended to enter through Gate 1.
- Can you place a bet with a Credit Card?
No, all mutuel tellers and electronic betting machines only take Cash. ATMs are located throughout the grounds. However, you can also wager online through Keeneland’s mobile betting platform, Keeneland Select – download the app here.
- Is Wi-Fi available at Keeneland?
Spectators can log onto the free Keeneland Guest Wi-Fi when arriving. No password is needed.