Browse our information below to find details on where to bet and cash a ticket, Keeneland's wagering menu, payout rules and ore.
Scratches & Changes
Keeneland Turf Pick 3
new wagering option!
Offered on the day’s FINAL 3 TURF RACES
$3 MINIMUM Appears as separate wager on tote machines and ADWs as “Keeneland Turf Pick 3”
TRADITIONAL PICK 3 RULES APPLY
Change in race surface for the second and third legs not made public prior to the start of the first race results in an All Win for runners that compete in the changed leg(s), and consolations for runners who scratch in the changed leg(s).
Wagering Menu & Takeout
Keeneland offers the following bets:
- $1 Exactas (all races)
- 50¢ Trifecta (races with at least five betting interests)
- 10¢ Superfecta (races with at least six betting interests)
- 50¢ Pick Three (the day's first Pick Three begins on the first race and continues thru the day; the final Pick Three encompasses the final three races)
- $1 Rolling Doubles continuing throughout the card
- 50¢ Pick Four (the first one begins on the day's second race; the second and final one covers the day's final four races)
- $1 Super High Five (at least seven betting interests). Offered on last race of the day with 7 betting interests.
- 50¢ Pick Five on 1st five races and last five races
- $1 Pick Six on the last six races of the day
- $1 Win, Place, Show
- $3 Turf Pick Three - on last three turf races of the day
All other wagers, unless noted, have a $2 minimum
Keeneland's takeout is as follows:
- Win, Place, Show – 16%
- Exacta – 19.5%
- Pick Five – 15%
- Turf Pick Three – 15%
- All other exotics – 22%
Cashing a Winning Ticket
Where to Bet & Online Wagering
Red Mile – Wednesday thru Sunday year-round.
Keeneland – Open only during periods of live racing
- Bet from your Phone when You're at the Track
When you come to the races, Keeneland makes it easy and convenient for you to bet using your smartphone or tablet.
No Leaving Your Seat
Visit Wagering Central, located under the grandstand near the finish line, and ask a BETologist to help you sign up for a Keeneland Select account, help you fund it and even make your first wager. You can also pick up some great handicapping tips while you’re there—for novices and expert bettors alike
- Bet with a Clerk
State the Name of the track (i.e. Keeneland, Churchill Downs, Oaklawn, etc.)
State the Race Number
State the Amount of the bet
State the Type of bet
State the Number of the horse
Example: "Keeneland, 2nd Race, $7 to Win on Number 6."
- Betting at a Self-Service Terminal
When placing a bet with a self-service machine, we suggest following these instructions.
Purchase a credit voucher from the designated machines or use a winning ticket.
Go to any self-service terminal.
Insert voucher or winning ticket and make your selections as prompted on the screen.
The machine deducts the cost of your bet from your credit voucher or winning ticket. If you win, cash in your ticket at a mutuel window or use it in the self-service machine.
Learn how to make your picks and place your bets on your way to cashing a winning ticket.
Handicapping Tips & Tools
Everything you need to handicap world-class racing at Keeneland.