2023 Kentucky Derby at Keeneland
2023 Kentucky Derby At Keeneland
Saturday, May 6
Gates open at 10 a.m.
Kentucky Derby post time 6:58 p.m.
Celebrate the Kentucky Derby at Keeneland! Derby Day is a community celebration in the Bluegrass, and Keeneland will mark the 2023 Run for the Roses with enhanced programming campus-wide including live music, food trucks, family activities and more for guests to enjoy.
General Admission Tickets
Walkaround access to the Keeneland grounds. Bring your own seating or enjoy the numerous public seating areas including grandstand seats.
$7 Advance Purchase | $10 Day of Purchase
Tailgate on The Hill
Create your own Derby party on The Hill! With access to live racing on a jumbo TV, wagering, live music, food trucks and more, The Hill is the perfect way to celebrate Derby. Or, take your tailgate to the next level with an enhanced tailgating package with RevelXP for groups from 10 to 750.
Limited dining will be available in the Equestrian Room on Derby Day. It is recommended that you reserve your dining on Feb. 14 at 9 a.m.
How to Bet the Derby
- 1. Bet Online with Keeneland Select
New accounts that wager $300 in the first 30 days receive $100 back into their account. Sign up now at keenelandselect.com. Derby Day sign-ups on-site at Keeneland receive giveaways and can be entered to win a $250 wagering credit on Keeneland Select. Visit Wagering Central, trackside under the grandstand, for details.
- 2. Keeneland Drive Thru Betting
Available behind Keeneland’s Entertainment Center. Access through Gate 1 at Man o’ War.
Friday, May 5 from 8 a.m. to 5:50 p.m.
Saturday, May 6 from 7:30 a.m. to 6:58 p.m.
- 3. Red Mile
Simulcast wagering is available Friday and Saturday at Red Mile.
- 4. On-Site Betting
Betting windows will be open at Keeneland on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
How to Cash a Ticket After Derby
Keeneland will not be open to cash tickets after Derby. Any uncashed tickets from Derby can be cashed at Red Mile. Red Mile will be open:
- Sunday, May 7 from 10am - 7:30pm
- Monday, May 8 & Tuesday, May 9 from 10am - 5:30pm
- Wednesday, May 10 and succeeding days from 12:15pm - varying time (6pm-10pm) pending simulcasting card that day.
Patrons have one year to cash a ticket.
Fun for All Ages
Live Music on the Bud Light Stage from 12 - 6:45 p.m.
Jeremy Short: 12-1:30 p.m.
Joslyn & The Sweet Compressions: 2-4 p.m.
Vinyl Richie: 4:30-6:45 p.m.
Hat Contest from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Visit us at Milliners Corner near the Walking Ring for details and to enter from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Children’s Activities 2:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Enjoy face painting, pony rides, children’s games, crafts and more for children on Derby Day. Located in Keeneland’s lower clubhouse area.
Maker’s Mark Experience Zone Begins at 12 p.m.
Visit the Maker’s Mark Experience Zone located trackside for a photo opp, giveaways and more.
Need a few tips? Visit our BETologists at Wagering Central, trackside under the grandstand, for pointers on the Kentucky Derby card.
The Keeneland Shop Open 9 a.m. - 30 minutes after the Derby
Shop for the perfect Derby hat, racing souvenirs and more!
Things to Know Before Your Visit
- For the safety of our guests, patrons will be asked to walk through metal detectors prior to entering through admission gates. You may be asked to open coats and jackets for inspection.
- All bags are subject to inspection at the admission gate. Traditional backpacks and book bags are not permitted. Guests may bring strollers, diaper bags, camera bags and purses/pocket books at Keeneland's discretion.
- Patrons may not bring food and beverage (including alcohol), balloons, grills, tents or sports equipment.
- Fans will not be permitted to bring food or coolers inside the admission gates
- Only patrons with a media credential are permitted to bring large camera equipment. Credentials must be visible at all times.
- Keeneland allows the use of umbrellas outdoors. Please be mindful of your surroundings and do not open/close/twirl umbrellas near horses.
- Only trained service animals are permitted inside the gates. Service animals will not be permitted inside the Paddock or Walking Ring, due to the safety of our horses.
- Firearms and weapons are not allowed within the race track gates, regardless of a CCDW permit. Weapons also include guns knives, pepper spray, tasers, or items which Keeneland deems unlawful, dangerous or obnoxious onto the premises.
- Keeneland is accessible to patrons with disabilities. Please call the ticketing office at (859) 288-4299 for more information.
Parking is free across the grounds with several zones in which you can park. All public parking is recommended to enter through Gate 1. All permit parking is recommended to enter through Gate 2. Complimentary shuttle stops are located throughout parking areas.
Gate 1 Access
- Drive Thru Betting
- The Hill - Recommended for patrons looking for a picnic and tailgating style option
- ADA Parking
- Ride Share
- General Parking - Recommended for patrons with tickets
Gate 2 Access
- Club House Valet (Members and guests with proper permits)
At Your Service
Should you need assistance in planning or preparing for your race day at Keeneland, please contact [email protected]. And on race days, look for our Guest Service staff dressed in green jackets, who would be happy to assist you.